1. In what might be the greatest tragedy of all, a Polish couple fell off a cliff in Portugal after crossing a safety barrier to take a selfie. They were survived by their two children who, tragically, were present at the scene and witnessed the death of their parents. who died while trying to take a selfie
2. In what is the deadliest selfie incident (so far), seven youths from India, including two brothers, drowned in a lake while attempting to take a selfie. They got on a local boat to take the best possible pictures and as they were clicking away while standing on one side of the boat, it tilted sending them into the lake where they drowned.
3. A teenage girl fell to her death after trying to take a selfie from a railway bridge in the city of St. Petersburg, Russia. Xenia Ignatyeva went to the bridge in Krasnogor to take a photo of herself at night with the railway line in the background to create “the most dramatic effect.” She lost her balance and fell to her death. just for trying to get a daring selfie
4.killed in car crash after taking selfie. A woman died in a head-on collision moments after uploading pictures of herself and a “HAPPY” status to her Facebook page. More specifically, at 8:33 a.m. (on Thursday, April 24, 2014) a post appeared on Courtney Sanford’s timeline which read: “The happy song makes me so HAPPY.” At 8:34 a.m. police were called to reports of a crash .it's believed the last selfie was taken seconds before tragedy
5. Their desperate attempt to take an “eye-catching picture” and upload it to social networking sites cost three college friends from India their lives earlier this year when they were run over by a speeding train. The accident happened on the railway tracks of Mathura, near Kosi Kalan, India they all died while taking selfies.
6. In 2014 a popular Puerto Rican musician named Jadiel El Tsunami was killed after he lost control of his motorcycle one Saturday afternoon right after taking a selfie on his motorbike. Ironically, he had previously released a track entitled, “Me Descontrolo” (“I lose control”).
7. A twenty-one-year-old Russian girl died while celebrating her college graduation. The young girl was trying to make memories by taking a selfie from the bridge next to the Moscow International Business Center in the Moscow City financial district. Sadly she slipped and fell from the bridge.
8. The pilot of a small plane (Cessna 150K) was taking selfies with his phone on a series of short flights around a Colorado airport in 2014 before he crashed during one of the jaunts, killing himself and a passenger.
9. The unlucky twenty-one-year-old man from Yogyakarta, Indonesia, fell into the crater of Mount Merapi and died while attempting to take a selfie. Mount Merapi National Park management announced in June that it planned to provide a selfie spot for visitors. The head of the park, Suwignyo, said that the plan came after a tragic accident that resulted in the death of climber Eri Yunanto.
10.This selfie from hell was taken In January, two young men blew themselves up in the Ural Mountains in Russia while taking a selfie holding a hand grenade with the pin pulled out. For the record, the cell phone with the selfie survived.
11. In August 2014 a drunk man accidentally shot himself in the head while posing for a selfie. Twenty-one-year-old Oscar Otero Aguilar was out with friends in Mexico City when he pointed a loaded pistol at his head for the photo. One friend was detained for questioning and another went on the run after the incident.
12. An eighteen-year-old girl named Chezka Agas drowned last year while posing for a group selfie after a friend’s birthday celebration in the Philippines. The young student was overtaken by a strong wave that struck the group as they posed in front of the famous Bangui windmills on a beach in Barangay Masikil and drowned.
13. Her leg touched a live wire above, sending an electrical surge of up to 27,000 volts through her body. She died instantly and her friend was hospitalized but survived. A teenager named Anna Ursu died in May while trying to take “the ultimate selfie”. Posing with a friend on top of a train in the northeast of Romania
14. Early this year, a South African woman named Cheynne Holloway, twenty-one, became another victim of the selfie trend. While trying to walk to the top of a popular cliff in Northcliff with her friend James Oliver, she slipped and fell to her death.
15. A Singaporean man died after falling off a cliff and into the sea while attempting to take a selfie on Nusa Lembongan Island, off the southeast coast of Bali. Mohamed Aslam Bin Shahul, twenty-one, died while on vacation with eight of his closest friends.
16. A man trying to take a selfie was gored to death by a bull in front of a horrified crowd. The thirty-two-year-old victim was taking part in the annual bull-running festival in the town of Villaseca de la Sagra, Spain.